BOQ Specialist Bursaries for Dental Excellence
It has been another challenging year, so we want to help.
ADAQ is partnering with BOQ Specialists to offer Members the opportunity to apply for two CPD and training bursaries, valued at $5500 each.
These bursaries are designed to recognise exemplary dental professionals who are passionate about advancing the oral health of Queenslanders and committed to learning and development.
The bursaries fall into two categories:
- BOQ Specialist Emerging Practitioners Bursary – for dental excellence
- For emerging dental practitioners (with less than 5 years of professional work experience), to support their professional growth as they enter the industry.
- BOQ Specialist Practice Bursary – for dental excellence
- For practitioners (more than 5 years of professional work experience), to support the training and development of themselves and their dental team.
These bursaries are offered to support to assist with learning and career development and are to be used for ADAQ continuing professional development events or certificate III or IV in Dental Assisting via the ADAQ Registered Training Organisation.
Applications will close on Sunday, 7 November at 11:59pm.
How to apply
- The applicant(s) must be a current ADAQ member.
- The applicant(s) for the BOQ Specialist Practice Bursary, must have less than five years professional work experience.
- The applicant(s) for the BOQ Specialist Emerging Practitioners Bursary, must have graduated from their university studies in 2016 or later.
- Applicants, or any employees must not be a current member of ADAQ Council or the ADAQ CPD Committee.
Terms & Conditions
- To be eligible for the bursary you must be a financial member of ADAQ.
- The bursary must be used towards ADAQ CPD activities or Dental Assistant Training (subject to availability).
- One bursary will be awarded to an established practitioner (graduated 2016 or earlier)
- One bursary will be awarded to a recent graduate (graduated 2016 or later)
- The total bursary amount must be used by Friday 25 November 2022.
- Any outstanding amount will be forfeited if not utilised by Friday 25 November 2022.
- The bursary amount cannot be refunded in cash.
- The bursary amount can be used for self-development or development of practice staff.
- Any non-member Dentists within the practice may be charged a non-member surcharge to attend CPD courses/workshops.
- Applicants must complete the online form with all information otherwise the application may be deemed uncompleted and therefore not assessed.
- Applications will be assessed and reviewed by the Bursary Panel which includes; the ADAQ President, ADAQ CEO and a representative from BOQ Specialist.
- The winners will be notified via phone and in writing by ADAQ.
- The winners will be awarded at ADAQ’s annual Clinic Day.
- By submitting an application, you give consent for your name, testimonial and other information to be published in marketing and promotional materials by ADAQ and BOQ Specialist.