Planning and executing anterior composite resins can be challenging even in the most experienced dentists’ hands. There are many variables which must be considered during the treatment planning process from the large-scale features such as facial analysis, through to the small-scale features such as the incisal edge position and embrasures. In this course Dr Docherty will outline the essential keys for planning smile design with anterior composite resin followed by an in depth look at layering techniques and tips on shade selection, using a putty key palatal stent, and a huge amount of time will be spent completing hands-on composite exercises such as a single shade bleach veneer and a layered multiple shade anterior restoration.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understanding tooth form, and how to achieve primary, secondary and tertiary anatomy
- The basics of shade selection and how to select the composite resin which will work best in your hands
- Step by step introduction to the polychromatic layering technique
- The use of a direct mock-up and wax-up for anterior restorations
- How to fabricate silicone putty keys for precise determination of incisal edges, palatal contours, embrasures and for assisting with tooth preparation
- How to create incisal effects and characterisation such as halos, mamelons, and opalescence
- Finishing and polishing techniques for a achieving a lasting natural appearance
Dr Aodhan Docherty
BMed SCI (Sydney), BDent (Hons) (Sydney), Grad Dip Clin Dent (Implants) (Sydney)
Dr Docherty is a graduate of the University of Sydney Bachelor of Medical Science and Bachelor of Dentistry, completing his studies with honours and a University Medal. He has engrossed himself in postgraduate education becoming alumni of the Fahl Cosmetic Academy, the Kois Academy, completing a two-year orthodontic mini-residency through EODO and the City of London Dental School and a postgraduate diploma in clinical dentistry in the field of Dental Implants at the University of Sydney. Dr Docherty lectures domestically and internationally and is actively involved in mentoring and teaching recent graduates. He is currently in private practice in Sydney enjoying the mix of general dentistry and his passion for cosmetic work.
ADA Member Dentist - $770
ADA Member 1st and 2nd Year Graduate - $660
Non-Member Dentist - $1000
7 Scientific hours
ADAQ is pleased to announce that this event is proudly supported by
COVID-19 SAFE PLAN
ADAQ has implemented a safe plan to ensure all events, including venue hire, comply with the Government's COVID-19 restrictions. Please click here to view the plan.
By registering for this course, you agree to the events terms and conditions outlined on the ADAQ website.