Join Dr Jonathan Moore from the Endodontic Group Brisbane to learn about the foundations of molar endo and understand how to achieve the optimal root canal preparation from both theoretical and practical perspectives.
This is an entry level course to assist in building confidence with endodontic techniques for less experienced practitioners. It is the first in a range of endodontic courses including Contemporary Endodontics and Challenges in Endodontics.
In this hands-on course participants will revisit the foundations of molar endo - providing attendees with simple and predictable protocols to assess, clean, and seal the dentition. Topics that will be covered are:
- Tips to assist diagnosis, including use of diagnostic aids
- Access: the fundamental requirements for access and basic rules for minimal but adequate access
- Three-dimensional shaping, anatomically driven
- Three-dimensional intra-canal disinfecting
- Obturation techniques using bioceramic sealers
- Operating microscope: instruction and hands-on experience
- Referral: danger zones and what to look for
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Complete pre-op assessment and treatment planning for basic procedures
- Recall the concepts of endodontic access design
- Explain the key principles of anatomical shaping and obturation techniques and the instruments used
- Describe and demonstrate the role of the operating microscope
- Identify non odontogenic and neuralgic pain behaviours
- Recall potential complications that can arise
Dr Jonathan Moore
BDSc (Hons) (Qld) DClin Dent (Melb) MRACDS (Endo)
Dr Jonathan Moore graduated with a Bachelor of Dental Science (Honours) from the University of Queensland in 2003. Following a number of years in both private and public practice, Jonathan graduated as a Doctor of Clinical Dentistry in endodontics from the University of Melbourne in 2008. He was awarded membership of the Royal Australasian College of Dental Surgeons in the Special Field of Endodontics in 2008 and has a particular interest in rotary nickel titanium instrumentation, restoration of endodontically treated teeth, and dental trauma.
Jonathan is a registered specialist endodontist with the Dental Board of Australia. He is also a member of the Australian Dental Association, the Australian and New Zealand Academy of Endodontists and is a past-President of the Australian Society of Endodontology (Queensland). He is actively involved with endodontic education, lecturing students from the University of Queensland, Griffith University and James Cook University. Other speaking engagements include local dental study groups, Australian Dental Association Conferences and hands-on rotary endodontic instrumentation courses for dentists.
Outside of endodontics, Jonathan enjoys time with his wife Rhea and three sons Ethan, Hamish and Henry.
ADA Member Dentist - $440
ADA Member 1st and 2nd Year Graduate - $220
Non-Member Dentist - $550
6.5 Scientific hours
ADAQ is pleased to announce that this event is proudly supported by
COVID-19 SAFE PLAN
ADAQ has implemented a safe plan to ensure all events, including venue hire, comply with the Government's COVID-19 restrictions. Please click here to view the plan.
By registering for this course, you agree to the events terms and conditions outlined on the ADAQ website.