2020 was a challenging year for all dental practitioners and we will see some further workplace related changes in 2021. Join HR Assured as we take you through the main issues that have been recently affecting the ADA member base, as well as the changes and challenges ahead of us this year.
We will discuss:
- The difference between independent contractors and full time, part time or casual employment - understanding perspectives while negotiating contracts with workers.
- The process for effective management of the performance of an employee to achieve engagement and required performance outcomes, as well as what to do if performance management is unsuccessful.
- The recent legislative changes surrounding employer obligations to convert casual employment to permanent employment – what are they, when does it apply.
- The recent amendments to the list of professionals within the Health Professionals and Support Services Award 2020 – how does this affect dental practices.
- COVID-19 vaccinations: Managing employee understanding and employer expectations surrounding COVID-19 vaccinations.
Ms Lucy Harper
Senior Workplace Relations Consultant at FCB Group
Lucy Harper is a Senior Workplace Relations Consultant with FCB Group. She is passionate about helping businesses understand their workplace and employment law obligations and has been supporting businesses through workplace disputes and providing practical advice and solutions to clients through their human resources and employment law issues since 2010. While a majority of her career has been working within the legal profession, offering advice and assistance to human resource professionals on the legalities of the workplace environment, she considers her true passion to be in human resource management, and assisting businesses to grow and achieve their aspired values and culture. Lucy has worked with a variety of businesses and industries, including retail, hospitality, dental, aged care and fitness. She works across all areas of employment law, however, she has a keen interest in guiding businesses through the Enterprise Agreement making process, as well as advocacy through workplace disputes such as unfair dismissals and general protections matters.
ADA Member Dentist - FREE
Non-Member Dentist - $55
2 Non-Scientific hours
By registering for this course, you agree to the events terms and conditions outlined on the ADAQ website.