To achieve positive outcomes when placing stainless-steel crowns and applying pulpotomy techniques, it is critical to appropriately assess and carefully select cases. This hands-on workshop will assist participants in understanding the process of pulpotomy and stainless-steel crowns.
The day will be broken into 2 segments:
- Pulpotomy lecture followed by a practical component in which participants will apply the learnt technique to complete a pulpotomy preparation on two primary teeth
- Stainless-steel crown lecture followed by a practical component utilising the two teeth prepared earlier
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Recall the indications and contradictions of pulpotomy
- Identify and select cases for pulpotomy
- Complete various pulp treatment options
- Recall the indications and contradictions of stainless-steel crowns
- Prepare a tooth for a stainless-steel crown
- Select and fit a stainless-steel crown
- Cement a stainless-steel crown
- Preform a hall crown placement technique
Dr Sobia Zafar
BDSc, MSc, DClinDent (Paediatric Dentistry), PhD, FICD
Dr Sobia Zafar is a specialist paediatric dentist and a Discipline Lead in Paediatric Dentistry at The University of Queensland, Brisbane. She has presented invited courses and lectures on paediatric dentistry across Australia and internationally. She has multiple publications, comprising of full papers, a book chapter and published abstracts, in both national and international peer-review journals. She is the recipient of several scholarships and awards; including University of Otago Doctoral scholarship, Colgate senior category IADR ANZ division award (2012), best student presenter prize at the Faculty of Dentistry annual research day of University of Otago (2012, 2015), winner IADR NZ division Travel Award (2015). Dr Zafar holds the memberships of the ANZSPD, IADR, AAPD, IADT, and EAPD, and is a reviewer for several dental journals.
ADA Member Dentist - $770
ADA Member Clinical Team* - $770
ADA Member 1st and 2nd Year Graduate - $550
Non-Member Dentist - $1000
*Clinical Team include Oral Health Therapists, Dental Therapists and Hygienists.
6 Scientific hours
ADAQ is pleased to announce that this event is proudly supported by
COVID-19 SAFE PLAN
ADAQ has implemented a safe plan to ensure all events, including venue hire, comply with the Government's COVID-19 restrictions. Please click here to view the plan.
By registering for this course, you agree to the events terms and conditions outlined on the ADAQ website.