CONE BEAM EXAM OBJECTIVES:
- Production of X-rays, biological effects of ionizing radiation and radiation protection
- Radiation Safety Act (Qld) and the regulations relating to the use of irradiating apparatus in Qld
- Theory of Cone beam imaging
- Limitations of cone beam imaging
- Cone beam imaging verses multi-slice CT
- Applications of cone beam imaging
- Viewing and assessing Cone Beam data sets
- Cone beam examination (for those wanting a cone beam licence)
Emeritus Professor Paul Monsour
BDSc, PhD, MDSc (DMFR), MRACDS. (DMFR), FICD
Professor Paul Monsour graduated from the University of Queensland in 1978 with a BDSc (hons). He completed a PhD in Oral Biology in 1987 and a Masters degree in Oral Radiology & Pathology in 1991. Professor Monsour was the first registered specialist in Oral & Maxillofacial radiology working in full time private medical radiology practice in Australia. Professor Monsour lectures extensively throughout Australia on all aspects of DMF radiology. Appointed the Foundation Professor of DMFR at the University of Queensland in 2009. Paul is an associate member of the RANZCR and a Fellow of the International College of Dentists.
Lecture with Cone Beam Exam
For those who require a cone beam (CBCT) license. (Must possess a Extra Radiography License with Radiation Health)
ADA Member - $660
1st and 2nd Year Graduate ADA Member - $550
Non Member - $1050
If in doubt, please refer to your user licence issued by Radiation Health as it will list current licenses.
Eligibility - MUST POSSESS A RADIATION HEALTH LICENSE FOR EXTRA ORAL RADIGORAPHY
These courses are open to;
- Registered Dentists
- Oral Health Therapists and Hygienists
- Dental Assistants (must have a Certificate IV in Dental Radiography)
6.5 Scientific hours for the lecture plus exam
Q: How long do I have to complete this course?
A: We recommend completing the course within 3 months as our content is continuously being updated, however the course can be completed at your own pace and it is available to access 24/7.