This session will provide clear guidelines to assist compliance with record keeping requirements, with plenty of practical "how-to" examples to illustrate the main points. The importance of gaining and recording of consent will be highlighted, as well as privacy requirements.
This course will cover:
- ‘Dental Board of Australia – Code of Conduct & Self Reflective Tool‘
- 'ADA Policy Statement 5.17 – Dental Records’
- Privacy issues and dental records
- De-identified case examples of record keeping
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify key documents related to dental record keeping
- Recognise the benefits of effective record keeping
- Reflect on current record keeping practices
- Implement an effective patient record keeping system
- Develop protocols and processes that manage the privacy, safety, and confidentiality of records
Dr Elizabeth Milford
Dr Elizabeth Milford is both a lecturer at the University of Melbourne and the La Trobe University in clinical communication and ethics, as well as a national speaker. She is an experienced consultant in dental regulatory compliance, working as an auditor and educator approved by the Dental Board of Australia in Victoria and other jurisdictions. She is the Professional and Academic Relations Consultant for Oral-B to Australia and New Zealand and brings with her a passion for prevention and evidence-based dentistry.
ADA Member Dentist - $440
ADA Member 1st and 2nd Year Graduate - $330
Non-Member Dentist - $530
3 Scientific hours
By registering for this course, you agree to the events terms and conditions outlined on the ADAQ website.