Have you had a change in staff? Make sure your team are all on the same page and ensuring infection control policies and procedures in your practice are compliant with AS/NZ 4815:2006 standards and the new 2021 ADA Infection Control Guidelines.
Don’t miss this opportunity for your team to have a 4 hour session of a professional, yet fun and engaging learning experience.
- Precautions of infection control
- Handling and disposing of sharps and contaminated waste
- Hand washing technique
- Aseptic technique
- Occupational Health and Safety in the workplace
- Identifying problem areas in your practice
- Reprocessing of reusable instruments
- Correct flow of the sterilization room
- Documentation and practice protocols for infection control
- Environmental cleaning of the dental practice
- Maintenance of equipment including cleaners and autoclaves
- Documentation and mandatory signage requiring for infection control
- Your team will demonstrate a complete changeover and environmental cleaning
Sharyn has been with ADAQ for over ten years, working in our Education and Advisory Services Team.
Sharyn is also the Manager of the ADAQ RTO, overseeing the delivery of training for Certificates III and IV in Dental Assisting.
Sharyn has extensive practical experience in the Dental industry having worked in private practice as a Dental Assistant and then Practice Manager.
Currently, Sharyn holds a Diploma of Quality Auditing, Diploma of Training and Assessment, Diploma of Practice Management, as well as Dental, Assisting and Sterilisation qualifications.
Davina has spent 18 years at Queensland Health , with the last 6 years in management responsible for dental assisting training, infection control procedures, sterilising processes and continuous quality improvement practices for compliance systems and oral health accreditation.
In her current role, she is responsible for delivery of Certificate III and Certificate IV dental assisting qualifications, providing advice and assistance with infection control, developing practice documentation, accreditation support and infection control training and compliance in private practice.
ADA Member - $250
ADAQ Member Practice Staff - $250
1st and 2nd Year Graduate ADA Member - $180
Non-Member - $325
Non-Member Practice Staff - $325
Practice Staff Registration
If you are wanting to register multiple people from your practice, please email [email protected] with the following information:
- Delegates first name
- Delegates surname
- Email address
- Any dietary/access requirements
Please note, we require a unique email address for each delegate. Once an account has been created, they will have access to their online portal.
4 Scientific hours
By registering for this course, you agree to the events terms and conditions outlined on the ADAQ website.